How to use the Myobase database
Myobase gives access to more than 75% of records in fields related to medical, scientific, psychosocial and psychological aspects of these diseases as well as disabilities.
The database is implemented by AFM-Téléthon library which has been collecting documents on Neuromuscular Disorders since 1990.
Most part of medico-scientific records are available in English with a link to PubMed and the full text of all documents published by AFM-TELETHON are available online.
Unique information tool on:
- Neuromuscular disorders: clinical, diagnosis, treatment, genetics, medical and scientific research,
- motor disability and other disorders (visual, cognitif…) related to neuromuscular diseases : rehabilitation, occupational therapy, social inclusion, care and support of people affected by these pathologies,
- psychology in neuromuscular and rare genetic disorders.
Rich and relevant document ressources updated daily
Myobase contains bibliographic notes of medico-scientific and psychosocial documents related toneuromuscular disorders. The portal is supplied on a daily basis thanks to a the monitoring of specialised journals and the internet. When the copyright allows it, the full text of the documents can be downloaded.
A selection of documents taken from daily monitoring
Myobase gives access to more than 52,000 bibliographic notes in medico-scientific and psychosocial fields.
The selection of the documents constuting the document collection of Myobase is done by the Documentation Department of the AFM-Téléthon in collaboration :
- with scientists of the Scientific Department of the AFM-Téléthon,
- with the physicians, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and psychologises of the Direction of Medical Action of the AFM-Téléthon
- as well as writers specialised in the field of neuromuscular disorders of the Information Department of the AFM-Téléthon, Myoinfo.